Saturday, January 17, 2009

Windy Golf

Played a round today at Douglas - teed off around 11.15, weather was pretty fine. When we got to the 6th it started getting a bit windy, a little earlier than predicted by the weather report. By the time we got to the 12th we thought about quitting, but carried on anyway. Glad we did as I parred the horrible par 5 13th - my best hole of the day. I also managed to land the green on the 17th from the tee - not bad for me.

No idea what my final score was - had too many really bad holes to bother to add it all up, including taking 12 for the 9th. Aim by the end of the year is to have a handicap of 18, and at the moment I'd do well to get the maximum 28. A bit more consistency is all I need, as I've now managed to either par or bogey most of the holes on the course.

Photo is taken towards Douglas bay from the 6th fairway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter