Friday, January 16, 2009

Second Post

Just filled in the details on my profile - well at least what I don't mind others to know.

Main issue at work at the moment is the proposed change to the pension scheme. I personally find it difficult to get worked up about, as being a relative youngster I can't quite envisage being retired. I don't believe that changing the scheme will lead to a mass exodus of the medical staff on the island, as most of us are either tied here with golden handcuffs, or would find it nearly impossible to find an equivalent UK job. The problem will come gradually as recruitment suffers. For a non-Manx person to come to work on the IOM is a leap into the unknown at the best of times, and I certainly had doubts 3 or so years ago. If I'd had to come to non-standard terms of work it probably wouldn't have happened. Government, be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter