Monday, January 19, 2009

Piano Lessons

I've played the piano since I was 7 - I can't really remember ever not being able to play the piano. I had lessons between the ages of 7 and 9, and then again from 11 to 12. My technique was always way ahead of my ability to read music, and as a kid I hated practicing classical pieces, so I didn't play much, did grade 4 at age 12 and then gave up lessons.

I've recently started playing a bit more intensely, and even treated myself to a nice grand piano. I even had a lesson the other day - first one in about 26 years. Fortunately the teacher is not going to start me off on grade 5, and is happy to work with me to help me improve my technique playing pieces that I want to work on. Current project is Moonlight Sonata, particularly the difficult 3rd movement. When I've got it reasonable I'll post a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter