Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Golf

Played 11 holes today at Douglas with William. Had my best round ever, starting with a genuine birdie at the 1st (genuine as in no 'practice shots', and no mulligans), and a handful of bogeys. No disasters - worst was an 8 on the usually uncomplicated 5th, all down to my poor bunker technique taking 3 shots to get it out of the sand. If my performance over the 11 holes is extrapolated to a full round I'd justify a 22 handicap or thereabouts. Definitely felt like I'd made some progress today.


William did OK. Like every single golfer in the world he can get frustrated if shots don't go well, but his drive on the 10th made up for it all - about 150yds straight down the fairway. I was envious after I hit mine about 160yds, into the rough on the left.


Photo is looking back down the 5th fairway. Beautiful day today for golf. Spring, hopefully, has finally sprung.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter